What are Carbs for:
- Protect muscle mass (proteins) from being burn during exercise
- Provide energy
Which Carbs to prioritise & why:
Complex Carbs (or starch) are generally considered healthier for several reasons:
- Slower digestion & steady energy
- Fiber content
- Nutrient density
- Lower Glycemic Index
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases
Glycemic Index of Foods
Complex Carbs to incorporate into your diet:
- Whole grains
- Veggies 🥦
- Whole wheat bread 🍞
- Fruits 🍎
- Oatmeal 🥣
- Brown/Black rice
- Whole wheat pasta 🍝
Carbs Recommended Dietary Allowance:
- 45 to 65% of total daily calories.
- Reduce to 25 to 40% for weight loss program.
Top 5 countries with high-carbs diets:
- China 🇨🇳 (rice,noodles..)
- India 🇮🇳 (rice,wheat,lentils..)
- Indonesia 🇮🇩 (rice,noodles,starchy veggies..)
- Japan 🇯🇵 (Various rice..)
- Italy 🇮🇹 (Pasta, bread-based products..)
So, what is the place of rice in a healthy diet?
Rice can be part of a healthy diet & can contribute to weight control, depending of several factors:
- Portion size 🍚
- Type of rice (brown,black better than white)
- Preparation method (steam or boil without oil & better)
- Balanced diet (add lean proteins, healthy fats & veggies)
Being mindful of your carbohydrate intake is crucial for maintaining a healthy diet. Pay attention to portion sizes, choose complex carbohydrates, and consider how different types of carbs affect your energy levels and overall health. Always remember that nutrition & exercise go hand to hand 😉
Sign up for BODY+!
You will be provided with tailored coaching based on your individual needs and goals.